Thursday, April 16, 2009

A day to remember. HOPE!!!

Joyce (my mother in law) called today with some very interesting news. She said she was watching the news and caught the very end of a news interview about a little girl traveling to China to have a procedure done so she would be able to see. She wasn't sure if it meant anything to Miriam but with her on the phone I searched the internet for more information. After about 20 minutes I found the news report and the information just kept coming. I was so much in shock as to what I was reading that I could do nothing but cry. I actually had to tell Joyce I would call back.

The news is that this is a REAL procedure being done for children with optic nerve underdevelopment just like Miriam! 50+ kids have had it done and they can ALL see! I cannot believe it. I just can't believe it. We have hoped , dreamed and lost hope all these years. Doctors telling us time and time again that we had no hope. But now we do!

The only problem is that the procedure is VERY expensive and we of course cannot afford it. A lot of the parents, including the one Joyce saw on the news is fund raising to get there. I guess we are going to have to do the same. I am going to go write the company and see what needs to be done.

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin