Posted by J.L. BOSTICK at 12:53 AM
Saturday, September 18, 2010
We are going out of town tomorrow morning to take our girls to the Special needs theme park Morgans wonderland and I wanted to leave you all with a little bit for culinary inspiration. My FAVORITE recipe for buttermilk pie, my own..lol!
* 1/2 cup butter (REAL butter)
* 1 1/2 cups white sugar
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 3 eggs
* 1 cup buttermilk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/2 brick cream cheese
* 1 9 inch unbaked pie crust (see crust recipe below!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Blend in the flour, eggs, buttermilk, cream-cheese and vanilla until smooth.
3.Pour filling into pie shell.
4.Sprinkle top with nutmeg.
5. Bake until golden brown and toothpick pulls clean. (about an hour)
Butter Pie crust
* 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 tbs Sugar
* 1/2 cup cold butter - diced
* 1/4 cup ice water
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt.
2. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. A TBS @ a time stir in water until mixture forms a ball.
4. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
5. Roll out when needed and add to 9 inch pie plate.
Have a great Saturday, God Bless!
PS. Don't forget to like our new FB page via the FB button in the top right sidebar! :)