Monday, September 20, 2010

Chocolate Tuesday Blog Hop #2








It's that time again, time to share in the delicious pleasure that is chocolate, chocolate, chocolate! This chocolate Tuesday I made for you my very own recipe "Truffle Fudge". It is rich, smooth and oh so easy to make!

Truffle Fudge



1 15 oz can - sweetened condensed milk. (or 1 cup of homemade)
2 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbs Cocoa powder
1/2 tbs butter
dash of cinnamon

Optional topping:
cocoa
powdered sugar


1. Lightly Butter a small square pan and set aside.
2. Place all ingredients (except topping) in a double broiler on medium heat. Stirring non stop until smooth and thick.
3. Pour out of broiler into buttered pan.
4. Place chocolate in fridge to chill.
5. Mix an equal amount of powdered sugar and cocoa together in a small bowl (just a few TBS of each).
6. Once firm remove from fridge and lightly dust the top with sugar & cocoa.
7. Cut into squares and enjoy!

Hint: Line the pan in plastic wrap then butter the wrap. You can then pull the wrap and chocolate out of the pan with ease once it is set!

IDEA: For some crunch add crushed nuts to the top of the truffle fudge. Adding the nuts to the top instead of into the chocolate once in the pan will keep the nice creamy truffle like texture.


Want to join our Chocolate Tuesday Blog Hop?

It is oh so simple and just takes a few easy steps!

1. Friend our blog (I will friend you back if you leave a comment).

2.
Grab our chocolate Tuesday button for your chocolate Tuesday post which links back to us.

3. Either share the official Chocolate Tuesday recipe above, your favorite Chocolate recipe or your favorite chocolate related memory. It is up to you!

4. Post the link to your CHOCOLATE TUESDAY recipe in the linky!


post signature



Share

6 comments:

  1. Hi there!! I'm your newest follower from the Tuesday blog hop:) Lovely blog!!! You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by to say thank you for joining my blog hop. Returned the favour and am now following. I love meeting all these new bloggers. Can't wait to get to know you better. www.jamarahcraftycreations.blogspot.com Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. The name of this fudge intrigues me! Does it end up being a sweet/milk chocolate taste thanks to the sweetened condensed milk? I love fudge but not the bitter/dark chocolate kind...

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM!!!
    Girl, I can never make any of your recipes 'cause then this diet would go PPPHHHT!!! LOL!! I may have to make an exception for this one!

    I have nominated you for a One Lovely Blog award!
    http://supermomblues.blogspot.com/2010/09/i-got-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, that looks so good. Similar to fudge that I make. I love the idea of adding a dash of cinnamin. I would love that.

    I am finally following you back from Friday Blog Hop last week. Thanks for stopping by my blog too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin