Sunday, July 20, 2008

Plumbing problems lead to divorce?

We have been having some serious kitchen plumbing issues which have been driving us absolutely batty. We cannot use our washing machine, we cannot use our kitchen sink or  dishwasher which means I cannot cook. We have spent loads of money and time trying to avoid the dreadful plumber and we have wasted our one day a week together dealing with it for 2 weeks.  Last night was the icing on the cake. Tom and I lost it! We plunged, we snaked, we used "friendly" chemicals (yeah I said friendly "chemicals"..lol) , Tom climbed the roof to snake the clean out, we fired a rocket off See KLEERDRAIN Product, we went to and from the store only to end up with a house full of black gunk and a nice chem burn on Toms psoriasis.  


What else did we do? We BLEW UP OUR GARBAGE DISPOSAL!  We were so excited to blow off the KleerDrain CO2 bomb we had just bought we were practically salivating.  (really ;) So we shoot the thing off into the drain of our sink then BOOM the water flies everywhere. Apparently the main line of the disposal connected to the sink connection had RUSTED.  We had been working for 6 hours on the plumbing and once it blew my pregnancy hormones kicked into overdrive. I began to cry and scream "I give up" over and over again. Poor Tom pleading with me not to do it because he needed me only led to more crying. It was insanity in The Bramlett household.  

But this issue really was driving me NUTS. My kids were stuck in their rooms because I couldn't watch them. Everything smelled and Tom and I were both filthy with black sludge covered gloves on our hands. I kept thinking how this day I look forward to all week was ruined. 

In the end it all worked out because that's what things do but not without completely making us crazy. We fought, we made up, we fought again, all day.  The girls finally made it out of their room and in the end........WE ARE HIRING A PLUMBER.  

Lesson learned: Hire a professional! 

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin