Monday, January 28, 2013

Idaho bound!

I finally decided it is time to update everyone on our lives and get this blog moving again. First off to those of you who have been following us for years you know the battle we have had with my step-son Griffin. Well, finally after being removed from his mothers home by CPS he was sent to live with us. Tom and I after years of not knowing where he was have full custody of him. He has been through all sorts of hell but he is back with us and thriving. It is partially for his sake that we have decided to move. Griffin has greatly expressed his fears of his past to us and we decided a new start for us all as a family unit would be the perfect way to put it all behind us and start the road to being a healthy happy family united. And we decided on Ohio!

Because of the rules with Griffin we sent all of the kids back to school to help him adapt to life with NORMAL rules. It was a hard decision but everything is working out for the best. It is going to be hard to pick up and leave a good school for Miriam but the school isn't that great for Griffin. I won't go into why but all of our issues will be easily solved by moving away from Texas. Miriam would still get a good school and Griffin's issues would be worked out. He has so many fears of his mother and step father from being kidnapped to being killed, all because we live so close to them. It's sad that a child has to deal with such horrific thoughts. Since we made the decision to move we have noticed less anxiety and he has been so happy, telling everyone about the move.

As far as the girls, well Miriam is speaking, engaging, learning, she can count to 10 with assistance and has been officially diagnosed with Autism. Georgia is enjoying her first year at school, she is in kindergarten and is smart as a whip and Sophia is enjoying her time alone with ME during the day.

I sure do hope to be able to get the fire started again in my family blog. There is just so much going on at a single given time that I never know what to do with myself. Blogging relaxes me but once it starts becoming something I "have" to do I get bored easily. How do you mommy bloggers stay focused on blogging?

Anyway, on another note, anyone want to come blog hop with me? :)

post signature

Share

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer! Saying hello from Bloggy Moms. I wish you and your family a safe move to Ohio and I'm looking forward to reading more from you!

    Jennifer
    http://simplyathomemom.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We live right over the river from Ohio in West Virginia :) Good luck with your move! I saw your post on bloggy moms and following you on GFC now. I look forward to your future posts! You can find me at
    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I will stop by and give you a follow. :)

      Delete
  3. All the best with your move! Found you via bloggy moms and following you now. you can reaach me at http://kiddiesfan.blogspot.ca/
    Love to stay connected :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin