Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Miriam!

7 years ago yesterday a dream that I never thought to dream because according to many professionals was never possible came true. 7 years ago my oldest daughter, my salvation was born and I became a mother. Many Dr’s before her had told me how near impossible it would be for me to carry a child to term without complications which would most likely lead to a miscarriage. My Miriam and each of my girls have proven all of those DR’s wrong and the words of DR. Wilkerson, the wonderful man who delivered my first and second beautiful angels “Sometimes, Dr’s don’t know everything” became the truest thing I had ever heard. He had no explanation as to why I was able to carry a child, even less of an explanation as to how I managed to carry two but I did and the blessings I have experienced have been immeasurable. Of course, none of my pregnancies have been ideal, with all 3 complications were evident from the start. Miriam being the absolute most difficult pregnancy of all. The first few months of her existence inside of me was a barrel of miscarriage scares, near miscarrying with her several times. The entire 9 months I spent my life in and out of the hospital, always ending up on an IV because I was so deathly ill I could not hold down one drop of real food. Some days, I couldn’t hold down water and she herself had a heart murmur that was monitored closely. The murmur affected her a great deal during labor and after 17 hours of horrific labor with no pain medication I was told there would be a change in my birthing plan because she was dying. I couldn’t imagine a world that didn’t include the baby who had been torturing me for almost 10 months so I did everything I could. I was rushed into an emergency C-section for complications that insured I would never give birth to a child any other way. My Miriam was born with severe jaundice, she was so orange she looked almost burnt. She in no way resembled a child that came from the body of one of the palest Irish women in the world! She wouldn’t eat, so they had to force feed her and she didn’t live outside of a box for 2 weeks. When she was finally allowed to go home it was not without a room of equipment because she was still severely jaundiced never eating more than 2 ounces a DAY. 2 days after she came home, she stopped eating again, her jaundice got worse and she had to be returned to the hospital where she stayed for another 2 weeks. It was a crazy time for Tom and I not knowing if our child was going to starve to death. Eventually though, she made it home and we began to have a chance to enjoy the cries of a baby around the house. Everyone had always told us how much a baby cries, Miriam however almost never cried. It was kind of nice having such a quiet child in the house, we got so used to the quiet that it would throw us out of whack when we would go out in public and she would go insane. Any loud noise would make her cry a cry so loud and so long that it was near unbearable. Eventually we just stopped taking her out and became homebodies, something we still are to this day. Of course 3 months later we would be told that she was blind, 6 months later that she had Septo Optic Dysphasia and Pan Hypopituitarism, years later we would be told her hearing was the most sensitive hearing ever recorded by DR’s at Dell Children’s hospital. It took 4 years to understand why she would go insane in public places. And 6 years into her little life we would have confirmation of another demon called Autism. Miriam’s diagnosis took longer than most children with severe Autism because Septo Optic Dysplasia demonstrates similar symptoms for the first 5 years or so of life. As odd as it is though, we were kind of relieved to finally have answers so that we could tackle it dead on. Through all of this craziness the birth of such a child changed us in ways we could never have imagined before. Where patience was low, it became high, where life was foggy, it became clear, where hope was lost, it became found and where Love was not understood, it became the most easily understood thing in the world. So many parents who have disabled children beat themselves up and often become fearful of ever having another child. Tom and I don’t feel that way. The birth of Miriam was the most amazing thing that ever happened to either of us and so was all that came with her. No parent dreams of such news about their child but we embraced it regardless. Miriam is so special, her smiles is brighter than any smile I have ever seen in my life and it was only logical that despite the 50/50 chance we would have another child like her we were not going to give up our God given right to give children to this world. If God wanted another child with the same issues Miriam had, so be it! When people use the term special needs, all I hear is special and that is what Miriam is. Who would we be to deny the world of one more person forever free of violence, hate, bigotry and physical judgment. Miriam is as God wants us all to be, she is innocent, she is his as he intends her to be, perfect! What a blessing it is to have her.



Happy 7th Birthday my beautiful Miriam Monkey, mommy and daddy wouldn't change one second of those 7 years!





Pictures of Miriam at only 1/2 a day old and a day after we brought her home the first time.



post signature

Share

3 comments:

  1. showlive
    showlive影音視訊聊天網
    showlive聊天網
    showlive視訊聊天網
    玩美女人影音秀
    live173
    live 173免費視訊
    173免費視訊聊天
    173免費視訊秀
    173免費視訊美女
    同城寂寞白領交友網同城異性寂寞交友網色情聊天室歐美毛片影院免費毛片網際論壇
    同城寂寞交友網站大香蕉網在線視頻色尼瑪網站美女美圖歐美毛片全集在線觀看sogo論壇
    聊天室美女熱舞視頻聊天室熱舞視頻網絡色情聊天室異性休閒保健按摩視頻168私服論壇
    美女熱舞直播視頻在線聊天室熱舞聊天室熱舞歐美毛片下載毛片網站5278論壇 痴女
    美女直播間熱舞視頻性聊天QQ群台灣一對一聊天室性感黑絲極致誘惑oursogo論壇網址

    ReplyDelete
  2. 日本免費色情直播網站
    兔費色情視頻直播間
    韓國美女視頻直播間
    成人視訊聊天室網
    視頻直播聊天室成人
    國外免費開放聊天室
    免費裸體美女聊天室
    色情美女視頻聊天網站
    美女裸體免費聊天網站
    免費女主播聊天室
    網絡聊天工具哪個好悠米視頻聊天裸聊免費觀看後宮電影院SEX女郎情色論壇成人文學
    多人視頻聊天哪個好悠米視頻聊天下載85st影城58同城免費色情視頻成人色娛樂網站成人動漫
    聊天室哪個黃8517多人視頻聊天打飛機專用網sm性虐待視頻網站情色六月天論壇成人貼圖
    免費聊天室哪個好瓜瓜多人聊天視頻美女真人裸聊聊天室成人小說在線視頻成人網
    國外視頻聊天室哪個好奇秀多人視頻聊天一對一在線qq裸聊表演男女色情小說成人電影

    ReplyDelete
  3. Q臺妹-真人摳逼裸聊
    國外免費開放裸聊室
    免費進入裸聊室
    免費夫妻視頻真人秀
    免費進入主播裸聊室
    裸聊直播間免費
    免費同城交友裸聊室
    免費進入裸聊直播間
    美女主播免費祼聊聊天室
    真人在線裸聊網
    免費午夜聊天室哪個好網愛吧多人視頻聊天免費美女走私視頻聊天亂倫色情網成人論壇
    在線視頻聊天室哪個好歡樂吧多人視頻聊天美女祼照網站聊天熟女亂倫社區酷比成人網
    果聊視頻聊天室哪個好九聊多人視頻聊天同城美女免費視頻聊天日本AV成人網全球成人論壇
    163聊天室想聊多人視頻聊天下載午夜一對一視訊桃花島成人論壇大眾成人社區成人臉書
    鳳凰城聊天室都秀多人視頻聊天軟件美女聊天裸體室AV王國影院熟婦情色論壇全球成人

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin