Saturday, May 23, 2009

San Saba - Memorial Day!

Today we went to San Saba, TX to visit my great great grandfather Sion Record Bostick's grave. Sion was a great man , he was one of the first colonists in TX (and Austin), one of first 10 Texas Rangers , stood beside Stephen F. Austin, Sam Houston and was listed in William Patten's registry. He fought in many wars and was one of the few soldiers who captured Santa Ana. He was a great and brave man. I thought this story written by him was appropriate for this Memorial day. I am proud to call him my grandfather, he did not die in war but his bravery was never ending!


♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥

We had such a wonderful day celebrating the life of my Great, great grandfather and other men and women who helped mold this country.

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin